Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Succession of 1301

Long Live the King!

And what a great King I am sure he is going to be!

Uncomfortable in such a noble and worthy Assembly, Enthilza stood up, raised his glass then took a deep bow.

Still unable to say a word, he sat back hoping he hadn't broken any rules of Protocol.

Congratulations your majesty. My sword is yours to command.

Long live the king!

All hail the King!

I do hope your Majesty will host a reunion party to share stories of great adventures amongst the true sons and daughters of Wessex.

Long live the King!

It is an honour to serve. My sword is yours to command, Your Majesty!

Long live Wessex!

Malachi Drake is offline The Usurper
    Former Bishop of Wessex

Zehtuka! A true son of Wessex indeed, and he returns with a fantastic idea. Let us arrange a suitable time to host a gathering on mumble.

I am your humble servant, your Majesty! Long live the King!

I have no doubt that we can expect many more great things from Wessex!

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi Drake View Post
    Zehtuka! A true son of Wessex indeed, and he returns with a fantastic idea. Let us arrange a suitable time to host a gathering on mumble.
    (May we please put this off until after I have my new headset (mic and headphones) which arrive some time on Wednesday?)
    Casilda Tametomo, Herald of the Aegis Imperium,
    «Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

Wer war der Thor, wer Weiser, Bettler oder Kaiser? Ob Arm, ob Reich, im Tode gleich.

I am your "queen", your Majesty! Long live the King!
    < Amethys> We should all hate God Nahjo now, he stole our boats.

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

My heart is broken in two.

I honestly did not expect this from you, Malachi, Kaylem, and definitely not from you, Rhygar. I told Miles it was okay to transfer the site and these forums from his host to yours because I trusted you, after you assured me that you would always have the best of intentions and decorum.

Now I come back to find myself unable to log in because you've changed my forum name, you've altered my profile, you've removed my admin access (my id was even the default admin account for these forums) and you've closed my access to certain parts of these forums and certain parts of my history. I did not expect you to do this, because you gave me your assurance that you never would.

I know the reason will be "because you're never here" and "most don't even know you", and I acknowledge that. I don't, however, see how that is a reason that I deserve this treatment from you. I'm upset because you did all of this with no communication to me at all, when the last plan I was aware of, in July/August of last year, was that in the push to make Wessex a "multi-game clan", that there would be peers overseeing involvements of certain games, and I could wait, pursuing the things in my personal life that I am (medical school) until there's finally a game that is popular and well made enough to be worth the full passion and energy it takes to make something like the old Hyperion/Wessex. Now, not only have you done something radically different than what we've agreed on, but you did so in a way that hit me with a very disappointing shock - I had to do a password recovery and log in with an alt just to see what the new name you assigned me was, as well as to discover that I am completely locked out of the forums of the very clan I founded, built on my ideas, and my years of work and memories. You had to do this four days days before my birthday?

I am not gaming these days, and it's appararent that others have stepped in as defacto leader, as expected and as necessary. Again, this very painful shock is not about who's leader, it's about being a man of your word and being a man of ethics. It's about sticking to the plans you agree on, much less ones you never even hinted were in the works. My PM box is empty, and I received no emails from any of you in the leadership about this. It's bogus and disingenuous to claim I am unreachable, as it says in the beginning of this thread. My most recent visit to these forums was in December, and any pm will send me an email. Perhaps you just didn't have the nerve to confront "ol Manus" about this, and whether that was out of respect or disrespect, it doesn't speak well about you, nor for the future of this clan.

After all, why do we go through all the trouble of posting these "oaths of fealty" in the Cathedral? Are they seriously just to play RP dress up and go through the fun motions of "getting a position"? That's not what I intended when I implemented them. They were supposed to be bonds between friends, man to man. The whole clan is built on that.

Now that it's apparent it meant nothing when you made it, what does it mean now when everyone makes an "oath of fealty" to you? Nuthin? So it just becomes RP cheese. Not what I wanted for Wessex.

You ought to have been a man and told me straight out, "Manus, I know you started this and it's based on your ideas, but I think I should be king and not you"...not this fiddling with my forum access and user profile.

I think that "RP" or not, those old "oaths of fealty" you made to me at least warranted an email.

Closed Thread

Thread Information