+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Launch date April 16th

Glad its early, plenty of time for them to fix what they break when they launch

Damn thats early

So since Daneslaw has fallen apart (in terms of playing Darkfall), how do I go about playing with Wessex?

Just roll a character on the NA server and post your name here and we will get the ball rolling.

Sorry to hear that Daneslaw is not going to be successful. :-(
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

So i started downloading the patch at 10 this morning from the patcher since i have no program to convert torrent files, and here it is 10 in the evening and i am barely halfway done. Kinda want me money back now.

12 hours later and I am finally validating. About 3 hours ago I gave up and decided to use the torrent link that Tasos linked in that announcement. Lets hope I can play after this -_-

Congratulations to all including Aventurine(!) for a reasonably on-time launch.

Enjoy yourselves.

I will be thinking of you while ice-skating*.

* MO "Awakening" joke: because when asked what I would do when that expansion came out, I said I would log out of the game, put on a warm vest and short skirt over black sweater and tights, and go ice-skating... IN HELL.
    Casilda Tametomo, Herald of the Aegis Imperium,
    «Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

Wer war der Thor, wer Weiser, Bettler oder Kaiser? Ob Arm, ob Reich, im Tode gleich.

Do like me. Download when you can but play some other games untill some days after launch.. Don't expect to play right away :P It's AV

I got into the game and made my character, a Mercian named Apoca Ailen. Unfortunately, I was having issues binding to the bindstone for the tutorial quest, so I closed out the game to try to fix it. Whenever I try to get in the game now, I get a PeProtocolError no matter what settings or compatibility I use. So I am going to go ahead and stop trying for tonight and hope tomorrow works out better.

Updated:

From AV:

Multiple accounts / clients not able to log in/patch/play concurrently: We're fixing this as we speak, we'll patch it in as soon as possible.

Various performance complaints by some players: Most has a lot to do with the load on the servers because of the heavy launch traffic, this will improve a lot in the days to come We're also working on collecting data which we'll use in optimizations to further improve performance. For us performance is one of our top priorities, we will never stop working on improving it. Debug mode was only used during beta, and is not activated after launch.

peProtocolError: is an error due to heavy load and should not be a problem in the days to come.

Clan names: spelling uppercase/lowercase. Just a head's up on this: the font we're using doesn't make it easily apparent which case you're using so you need to be careful when you're spelling it.

Persistent err. 900: this is a billing issue, again related to the heavy load, we reported it and we don't expect it to be a problem anymore.

Forum issues with subscriber forums: Looking into it and we'll get it fixed.
    Last edited by Azzerhoden Razeri; 04-17-2013 at 09:25 PM.
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information