+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hoping to get a new computer in next couple of months need help:

Default Hoping to get a new computer in next couple of months need help:

Hey guys as the title suggests i need help, and many of you guys know all about this stuff, i know the basics (press button and play hah).

So can any of you guys help me create a computer i have a budget of 1k would be better if its more around the 800 mark (mrs not impressed as it is) but if paying a little more is better then so be it.

Thanks for the help...

p.s I would like and i5 pro, and i prefer nvidia GFX cards.

I paid 880 for mine and i got

i5 2005k Overclocked to 4.6ghz
    Sabertooth p67
    GTX560ti Twin Frozer II OC
    8 gig ram
    Coolermaster HAF X case (which i recomend to everyone it is a beast)
    and it also came with the dvd re-writer, 1 tb hdd ect ect

That price also included a part build and overclock

Around 1000EUR is usually where the most cost-effective performance builds are at.

The i5 2500k is really nice and overclocks well. If you can't overclock I guess you could get some other i5 if they are much cheaper, but otherwise just go with the 2500k. If you want to OC you'll need to get a better cooler and some decent TIM like noctua NT-H1 or arctic MX-2.

Get like 8gb of 1600mhz ddr3. "Corsair XMS3 Vengeance DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL9 2x4GB" would be a good example.

For GPU I'd get Radeon 6950, but since you want nvidia I guess the GTX 560ti would be the counterpart which comes at the same price and performance.

As for non-performance-essential components:

I'd get the cheapest Gigabyte mainboard I can find with P67/Z68 chipset, just make sure it has all the slots/ports that you need. If you get P67 make sure it is of B3 revision cause the earlier B2 has issues. the Z68 has some extra functionality like the ability to use the Intel Quick Sync video encoder of the 2500k which can be useful if you encode/convert video. (both Asus and Gigabyte are quality brands, but the Gigabyte boards usually come with less bling and at a better price)

The PSU should be like 600W at least and of a quality brand like Corsair for example. If you already have a decent PSU you could just use it for your new computer.

Same goes for optical and hdd drives, you can just re-use older ones.

An optional component is a SSD which will at least improve load times for games. "Crucial m4 2.5 64GB" comes at a decent price with enough space for the OS files and a handful of games.
    Last edited by Altus Whyte; 08-03-2011 at 10:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information