+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An old face

Default An old face

I have been aproached by an old face, Bisi Longfellow, he was apart of Hyperion before, and has asked about being a fiefdom/shire? Dont know what they would fall under, they are only a 10 man clan, with 4-5 actives.

Opinions on this?

I like Bisi and i like the idea of having a small clan living in our hamlets, but maybe this is not the right time or something we are not looking for at all?

Just thought i would ask you guys opinions.

There are several Thanes in MO and I see no reason you shouldn't take any vassals in DF if desired. Though I think Rhygar would better be able to explain the procedures of acquiring a thanedom.

It's perfectly acceptable to take Bisi's clan on as a fief.

A Thanedom would be most suitable for the clan compared to current shire sizes we expect.

As I have already said before, populating our holdings or just having "friends" nearby will generate stuff to do for our own Clan members and give the membership somone to talk to in Clan Alliance.

If you want to progress this then have Bisi Contact me in game after you two have talked and I can progress the official part of it.

But yes, a thumbs up from me.

Agreed. It is always good if you can get Thanedoms. Having that extra step from King -> Duke -> Thane illustrates the feudal relationship in a nice practical manner. Have a look at what I had Sir John of Livonia post up. They should do the same but maybe with a slight change to the "tribute" part if something else is more appropriate for DF.

Now the idea is that the Thane "taxes" his own men and pays a portion to the Duke as tribute. After speaking to several of these potential Thanes they seemed happy with the idea of "I pledge to pay in tribute one third of the resources and gold that His Grace, Duke Manus of Wessex, expects from his own subjects". So from their side it is not very onerous and it establishes that RP feudal contract.

Granting them any land, mobs or holdings as a fief would be done separately from the Oath of Fealty in a Letters Patent. I am planning on sorting out a template in the coming weeks as we sort out that MO map. The Letters Patent would probably be a separate thread to the Oath.

5. Default

I like Bisi and I think he would lead a clan we would be happy with.

Ok ive spoke to Bisi, i suggested he would be a thanedom and live from Isturak, he came back to me today and he was abit worried because like i said they are a small clan of 5-6 actives, so sometimes they are only 1-3 online, and hes worried that if they live in Isturak they would not be safe, and that they are not pvpers they are traders, so he asked to live with us in the city? would this work? would they still be a thanedom?

Jaidyn Sothenic is offline Lord of Brockmoore
    Earl of Launceston

Warden of Wessex

I'd say no to a Thanedom as that should at least consist of 10 to 20 actives, why don't they just merge with Wessex and become Burgesses?
    No need to make a Knight if there is only 6 actives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylem Sothenic View Post
    No need to make a Knight if there is only 6 actives.
    Size is one issue, but I would like to point out one thing... no outsider must ever again be called a knight. A knight is someone recognised by the King or Duke for services rendered, who have furthered the reach of our feudal structure and are accomplished PvPers such as Sir Kaylem or Sir Tarscanian.

Any outsiders subbing should very clearly be named Thanes. There must be no confusion. Thanes are transitory players that support us on an ad hoc basis. Only if they have shown the utmost commitment to transform their group into a feudal clan like ourselves, stayed loyal through adversity and otherwise have proven themselves as a committed as a Wessex member by taking part within the feudal structure may they be considered for a knighthood. If a Thane leaves he loses his honours.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information